A NOTE FROM THE BOARD CHAIR
Hello Chamber members! November is best known for daylight savings time, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Small Business Saturday. There is one holiday in particular that is a little under the radar, but I do plan on celebrating it. That would be National Kindness Day on November 13. At a time when things feel a bit crazy, we could all use a little kindness. With only two months left of 2023, let’s make the best of it!
We’re starting November off with a FREE personal development session from your fellow Chamber member, Sandler Training, on November 2, from 8-10 am. We can all benefit from running more effective meetings, can’t we? This session will look at ways to run more effective meetings and how to get to clear outcomes.
Join us at a November Ribbon Cutting Celebration!
- November 2, from 4-5 pm, is the Ribbon Cutting Celebration for Red Cow! We hope you come check out their new space, take a look at their fabulous menu and offerings, and meet the Wayzata team.
- November 14, from 4-5 pm, is the Ribbon Cutting Celebration at Timber & Tulip! Meet owner Brianne Rasmussen and store manager Mark Nunemacher, and learn more about this specialty design interiors shop.
- November 28, from 4-5 pm, is a Ribbon Cutting Celebration for Crew Carwash. Learn about their new state-of-the-art facilities as we welcome them to Wayzata.
Now for some events to get in the holiday spirit!
Our friends at Sears Imported Autos are hosting Eat, Drink and Be Merry on November 16, from 4:30-6:30 pm. There will be great networking, holiday shopping from local vendors, wonderful hors d’ oeuvres and beverages, live music, a chance to win a prize, and the opportunity to support Toys for Tots!
Lastly, register for the 2023 Chamber Holiday Celebration on December 14, from 4-6 pm at the Wayzata Country Club. Join us as we celebrate the holiday season, salute our Chamber Stars, welcome new board leadership, recap 2023 milestones, and enjoy a toast to the year to come!
As always, we thank our members, sponsors and volunteers. You are the lifeblood of this Chamber. I hope you have a beautiful start to your holiday season. And remember to be kind to one another!
Wayzata Bay Car Wash is celebrating 55 years! We are so grateful for their long standing presence in the community. Congrats to that fantastic team!
“For the second consecutive year, Wayzata Public Schools has been recognized as the #1 Best Public School District in Minnesota by Niche as part of the publication’s 2024 Best Schools and Districts in America rankings.” Congrats to Wayzata Public Schools! Read more here.
Big congrats to Kelly Callahan for recently being named 2023 Recruiter of the Year at Northwestern Mutual. Way to go, Kelly!
Congratulations to The Teehive – Medina on their October Ribbon Cutting Celebration! It was so fun to get hands on t-shirt printing and meet Ashley and her team.
Give a Wayzata Welcome to our New Members!
Be Sure to Support our Renewing Members
- CMIT Solutions of the Twin Cities NW
- Edina Realty – Mimi Ryerse
- Excelsior Christkindlsmarkt, Inc.
- FACE FOUNDRIÉ Wayzata
- Flagship Bank – Don Kleinschmidt
- Lawngevity Lawn & Snow
- McCormick’s Pub & Restaurant
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- O’Reilly – Johnson Real Estate Group
- Palm Commercial Brokerage
- Profile Plan
- Regency Centers
- Schuler Shoes
- Trean Corporation
- Wai Nani Surf & Paddle
- Waytonka Club, Inc.
- Wayzata Library
- Crew Carwash
- Red Cow Wayzata
- Northwestern Mutual
- COV Wayzata- hiring hosts and bussers
- Stinson Services
- Copeland Buhl – Wayzata
- Pilates MN – Massage Therapist
- Lunds & Byerlys
- Drybar Wayzata
- McCormick’s Pub & Restaurant – apply in person
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Wayzata Public Schools
- Hammer Residences
- Northern Taphouse
- Crisp & Green
IS YOUR BUSINESS HIRING? LET US KNOW AT INFO@WAYZATACHAMBER.COM
Join us for some great holiday networking at Sears Imported Autos! Sears will be providing a wonderful hors d’ oeuvres buffet and beverages, along with live music for all to enjoy. The event will also include specialty vendors who will have a variety of lovely gifts for purchase. This is a FREE event. Please register in advance for planning purposes.
Attendees will have a chance to enter a drawing to win a prize valued at $75 from each of our vendors. They are also sponsoring local nonprofits Toys for Tots along with Big Brothers Big Sisters Twin Cities at this special event. Please consider a donation of a new, unwrapped toy.
‘Tis the season of giving and we are here to provide a couple ways that you can support members this holiday season.