Everybody Get Lakeside! The Wayzata Art Experience is back and happening on the shores of Wayzata Bay June 25 & 26. Kick off summer with this festival featuring fan favorite events, combined with new activities to make this weekend one big summer celebration. Show hours are Saturday, 10 am – 7 pm and Sunday, 10 am – 4 pm. Here are the top 10 highlights to look forward to:
1. Discover and buy art from over 100 high quality juried artists, many that travel from across the country showcasing an array of art in the following categories: ceramics, drawing/printmaking, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal, mixed media, painting, photography, recycled/green, sculpture and wood.
Pottery by Emily Bahnson, 2022 Artist Participant.
2. Enjoy delicious eats from over 10 of the Twin Cities best food trucks – every thing from paella to boba Kraz’d Lemonades! You won’t want to miss this line-up > CLICK HERE
3. Shop a wide variety of specialty food items from our local artisans. Items include gourmet sea salts, award-winning chocolate, premium olive oils, handcrafted nut butters, non-alcoholic fresh squeezed citrus-based cocktail mixers, gourmet sauces, salsas and more. See who’s joining us > CLICK HERE
4. Experience Islands of Live Music! Wayzata Art Experience will feature two live music stages featuring 10 performances. For the full line-up > CLICK HERE
5. Don’t miss the unveiling of this year’s floating art on Lake Minnetonka. Wayzata Sailing is once again highlighting aquatic invasive species (AIS) issues and environmental change through sails, art and diverse voices – not 5, but 20 beautiful sails will be painted and revealed at the festival. In addition to the artsy sails, free sailboat rides will be provided from 11 am – 2 pm both Saturday and Sunday.
6. Ziggy’s Art Bus, face painting, chalk art, bag toss, and the Lake Street splash pad can be enjoyed by art lovers of all ages.
7. Wind up or wind down with Wayzata’s ARTY parties! Enjoy happy hours with food and drink specials, hosted by local restaurants and shops throughout the weekend.
8. Kickoff the weekend early at Windward Festival, a nautical wine festival for a great cause on Friday, June 24. Proceeds benefit Wayzata Sailing’s community programming and adventures.
9. Bring the pooch. We’re a 4-legged friendly event. Dogs and cats like art too!
10. There’s plenty of shopping at lakesides boutiques and some of the best food in the Twin Cities with award-winning restaurants. For the perfect weekend staycation, book a room at one of our hotels and share your experience at @wayzataartexperience on Instagram and Facebook. #WayzataArtExperience #ExperienceWayzata