Along with new challenges, the City of Wayzata experienced growth in 2021 with new ideas, completed projects and more resources. While Wayzata is a small city in size, operations and services are robust and will continue to grow and operate at a high level in 2022 in order to meet the community’s evolving expectations!
A look back…2021 Annual Report
A look forward…a quick list of what to look for in 2022 and beyond. For more details see the City of Wayzata Development Page.
Applications in Public Review
- Wayzata Beach Club (formerly TCF) (200 Lake St) – Condominiums. See webpage
- Cantissimo (15429/15419 Wayzata Blvd, 1405 Holdridge Terrace) – 40- resident assisted living facility. See webpage
Major Applications in Staff Review
- A renovation to open a restaurant at 712 Lake St, the former Steele Fitness/Fitspace building.
- A residential proposal on the Blake School property (301 Peavey Ln). Note: Blake School will not close the campus until 2023.
- A mixed-use residential/commercial proposal at 150 Broadway Ave S, commonly referred to as the Sathre-Bergquist building.
- A coffee shop/restaurant proposal at 1022 Wayzata Blvd, the vacant gas station property.
- Renovation of the Section Foreman House into a lakeshore learning center.
Properties with Interest
- 900 Wayzata Blvd E (Wells Fargo)
- 294 Grove Ln E tenant finish – Macondo restaurant (former Brew Works space), plans to open this spring.
- 1310 Wayzata Blvd E tenant finish – Lumi Beauty Bar – 921 square foot salon.
- 300 Superior Blvd tenant finish – Gunderson’s Jewelers Showroom.
- 810 Mill St E tenant finish – Gunderson’s Jewelers office space.
- 1120 Wayzata Blvd E – Wayzata Medical – New 15,639 square foot office building.
- 401 Lake St E – New 13,533 square foot office building.
- 16100 Wayzata Blvd E – Lexus of Wayzata interior & exterior remodel.
- 445 Lake St E – Morgan Stanley remodel on 2nd & 3rd floor.
- 235 Lake St E tenant finish – North Shore Development Partners – 4565 square feet of office on the third floor.