- This event has passed.
January 26th Leadership Luncheon – Brian Ryks, Executive Director & CEO Metropolitan Airports Commission
Date: January 26, 2023
Time: 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Location: 200 Wayzata Blvd. W. Wayzata, MN 55391
Online registration is now closed. You may register on site at the event today!
The Wayzata Area Chamber invites you to join us for our first installment in our five month Leadership Luncheon Series! And there is still time to purchase a Leadership Series Pass by January 25th – attend all five for the price of four and save $40! (All Series Pass holders will be pre registered for all luncheons and they are transferable if you cannot attend.)
We are excited to welcome Brian Ryks, Executive Director and CEO of the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC). He was named Executive Director and CEO of the Metropolitan Airports Commission in May 2016. He is responsible for the administration and management of one of the nation’s largest airport systems, including Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) and six reliever airports.
Come learn why having a top-rated international airport serving our region and state is critical to a thriving economy, driving business expansion and new corporate headquarters in Minnesota.
From 2016 through 2020, Ryks oversaw $1.4 billion in MAC airport improvement projects, including:
• A multi-year expansion and modernization of facilities at the front of Terminal 1, including the departures and arrivals lobbies and improved passenger flow throughout multiple levels
• Enlargement of Terminal 1 Concourse G to house added gate seating, expanded concessions space and a new Delta Sky Club
• Addition of the new Silver Parking Ramp, providing 5,000 more vehicle stalls at Terminal 1 as well as new ground transportation and auto rental facilities
• Significant enhancements to the Valet Parking Garage and Lost-and-Found facilities
• Reconstruction of the Terminal 1 roadway
• Expansion of the Arts@MSP program, one of the nation’s premier airport arts and culture initiatives
• Upgrades to airport safety and technology infrastructure
• Major infrastructure improvements at the Crystal and Lake Elmo reliever airports, enhancing safety and efficiency Coupled with a revamped, award-winning concessions program and an intense focus on the customer experience, the improvements helped lead to Airports Council International naming MSP the Best Airport in North America in its size category for four consecutive years based on traveler surveys
You won't want to miss this informational program, gaining insights into our region's airports system. We look forward to seeing you there!