A NOTE FROM THE BOARD CHAIR
Hello Chamber Members,
I hope everyone had a joyful and prosperous holiday season! As I step into my role as Board Chair, I must take a step back and thank AJ Meyer for his leadership in 2022. He truly made this role look easy, which I am sure it’s not. Lucky for me, the Chamber Staff and board are all the epitome of excellence. We have all experienced challenges in the past couple of years. While many will say we need to navigate our new normal, I am confident that the Chamber will exceed expectations and become “the” model for Chamber Excellence.
As we enter 2023, we have already smashed expectations with our first major event, the Chilly Open! We had a record sell-out of our golf tournament tickets. There are still many other ways for you to enjoy this amazingly fun event! I hope to see you there!
Our first ribbon cutting for 2023 will be January 10 from 4-6. We invite you to the Welcome Visit & Ribbon Cutting Celebration for Compass – Mike Steadman & Holly Connaker Team! They are dedicated to helping their clients find dream homes and assisting with any selling needs they may have. Come meet Mike and Holly at their new digs on Lake Street! They will be providing light snacks and beverages. What a fun way to welcome our new member and network with some great business and community leaders!
Last of all but not least! We are launching the Leadership Luncheon Series. Be prepared to be informed and inspired! Buy the Chamber’s Leadership Series Pass – get FIVE luncheon events for the price of FOUR and SAVE $40! The pass is a brand-new members-only benefit. On sale now through January 25!
If you have read this far, I thank you! I would invite you to engage in any and all of the Chamber events. Have you thought about volunteering? We always appreciate volunteers! It’s a great way to serve your community and to grow your business/personal connections. In closing, we thank our members and wish you and yours a happy, healthy and prosperous 2023!
Twin Cities Business magazine released their 100 Innovator and Newsmakers to Watch in 2023. Fellow Wayzata Chamber Business leaders made the list including Aaron Switz, Randy Stanley, and Griffin Dooling. See the full list here>>
Inspired Athletx celebrated their Ribbon Cutting in December and we were thrilled to be a part of it! From Sport Performance to Physical Therapy, this dedicated and professional team is ready to help you reach your goals.
A special thank you to our 2022 Chamber Stars who we recently recognized at our December Annual Holiday Party. We are extremely grateful for your work with the Chamber and with the community! See who was awarded here.
Check out this great article and photo provided by BSN featuring the Wayzata Conservancy’s section foreman’s house plans. Read more here.
Give a Wayzata Welcome to our New Members!
Be Sure to Support our Renewing Members
- Aurochs Financial Group
- Avid Health and Wellness Chiropractic
- Compass Minnesota LLC
- Ethan Allen Inc.
- Hope Chest for Breast Cancer Foundation
- Inland Development Partners
- Lakes Sotheby’s International Realty – Adam Fonda
- McCormick’s Pub & Restaurant
- Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management – Whitney Blasko
- NorthPort Funding
- Northwestern Mutual
- Pilates MN
- Sun & Slope Clothing Outfitters
- Vitality Chiropractic & Life Chiropractic
- Wai Nani Surf & Paddle
- Wayzata Home Laundry & Dry Cleaners
- Wayzata Yacht Club
- Nothing Bundt Cakes Minnetonka
- Ispiri Design-Build
- Wayzata Public Schools – Substitute Teachers Wanted!
- Hammer Residences
- Lakeside Wine + Spirits
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Northern Taphouse
- Northwestern Mutual
- Stonebay Senior Living
- Face Foundrie
- Lunds & Byerlys
- Drybar Wayzata
- COV Wayzata
- Lord Fletcher’s
- Crisp & Green
- Stalk and Spade
IS YOUR BUSINESS HIRING? LET US KNOW AT INFO@WAYZATACHAMBER.COM
Your New Year Chamber Resolutions:
- Get Involved by joining a Chamber committee or volunteering! If you are looking for a low-time commitment, high-impact role with the Chamber, check out our Roger Miller Golf Classic Committee or the Ambassador Committee. If volunteering at large community events is your thing, make sure you sign up for one (or more!) of our open volunteers positions.
- Start the new year off on the right foot by updating your Chamber membership. View our updated Member Packages and take your business to the next level with the Greater Wayzata Area Chamber of Commerce. To learn more, please contact Judy Johnson, Membership Services Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org to choose a sponsorship package that meets your business needs and maximizes your engagement in the Chamber.
- Purchase a Leadership Series Pass and connect with other members at impactful luncheons! Our Leadership Series Pass is on sale now and we are booking speakers now. Don’t wait – buy your pass and learn more about this new series here.
- Sponsor a community event and get your business in front of crowds! Our community events include Wayzata Chilly Open, Wayzata Art Experience, James J. Hill Days, Boo Bash Dash, and more! Visit our Festivals Page to learn more and contact Brooke Beyer, Director of Community Events & Marketing, at email@example.com if interested.
Wayzata Chilly Open Sponsorships Still Available!
Get Your Business in front of 2,000 Golfers
Now’s the time to promote your business in front of thousands. Sign up to be part of the COOLEST event to sponsor. Click here and check out our most popular sponsor level. As a Hole Sponsor, you get to decorate your golf hole according to the theme, which is VEGAS, BABY! You’re there to provide a welcoming atmosphere for the golfers. Contact Brooke Beyer, Director of Community Events & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of opportunities.
Ensure your profile is up-to-date so our readers get to know your team, view your business offerings and services, and more.