Beaches & Gardens
Family beaches on the shores of Lake Minnetonka offer the public a place to relax.
Wayzata Beach is several blocks west of the Depot and Boatworks off grove lane. The beach can be accessed both through the city marina and the nearby parking, some of which require permits. This is a great beach for swimming as there are seasonal life guards on duty. Restrooms are located in the bathhouse where there is an outdoor shower. The connected marina has docking for 100 boats.
- Hours: Daily, dawn – dusk
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, Paid lot
- Type: Bay
- Number of lifeguards: 2
- Common activities: Cycling, Fishing, Kayaking/canoeing, Motor boating, Picnicking, Sailing
- Facilities: Boardwalk, Boat access, Restrooms, Showers
- Features: Beach, Benches, Boat dock, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Restrooms, Showers
Wayzata is the home of many beautiful beaches and breathtaking gardens. If you have a green thumb or just appreciate the beauty, this is something you don’t want to miss.